Friday, January 4, 2008

Just start NOW!

The New Year is off to a fierce beginning and many of us decided that losing weight has to be a priority for health. I'm trying to consistently log my food, do my cardio regularly and work out with Cory, our Wellness Coordinator.

I encourage those of you who started a program last year and had a tough time over the holidays to forget about the past and just get started. Those of you who have decided to lose weight and get in shape, YOU CAN DO IT! The secret to success is knowing your metabolism. With two simple tests, I can help you determine your caloric requirement and where to keep your heart rate during exercise for maximal benefit.

Here are some great hints for successful eating: 1) Log your food! I recommend www.thedailyplate.com. You'll know your calories and be able to determine the amount of carb, fat, and protein as well. 2) Plan, prepare and control your portions! If you like to eat out alot, choose your favorite restuarants and pick out 3 healthy entrees. 3)Include a little protein with every snack. 4) Go ahead and choose 5 great healthy snacks and be prepared for when the "munchies" hit. I love the various Nature Valley granola and trail mix bars, almonds, trail mix, string cheese, and fruit and peanut butter.

Stop procrastinating! Go ahead and get started!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for every other informative website.

The place else could I am getting that type of info
written in such an ideal manner? I've a mission that I'm just
now working on, and I've been on the look out for such info.

Also visit my blog post ... easy diets that work